Looking for a web design job with a topnotch interactive company? Evernote, the app for managing ideas and inspirations, is hiring a senior visual designer in Austin, TX. Click through to learn more and apply:
Our goal at Evernote is to help the world remember everything, communicate effectively and get things done. From capturing thoughts and ideas, to saving valuable facts and information, to working efficiently with others, Evernote’s collection of native mobile, desktop, browser, and web apps provide the best experience for anyone living an information-rich life.
Evernote is fast-growing, well-funded startup with more than 35 million users, growing at more than 50,000 users a day. We generate substantial revenue directly from consumers and through partnerships with major international mobile carriers.
You will be working collaboratively with engineers and product managers. Primary responsibilities will be to develop the visual design of our products and to work with the engineering teams to ensure that they implement your designs at high level of quality. This means delivering mockups, specs and production-ready assets as well as being involved in the QA process.
- 5 + years experience designing great user experiences for desktop and mobile software
- Exceptional aesthetic design skills
- Passion for consumer products that convey impeccable taste
- Agility and flexibility to iterate or change design direction based on external feedback
- An ability and desire to work in a specific visual language that is clean, communicative and bold
- Strong skills and experience in icon and/or logo design
- Strong skills and experience in page/screen layout
- Experience and willingness to work in the nitty-gritty of asset slicing
- Experience working on (but not necessarily designing from scratch) mobile, web or desktop
- A solid understanding of typography and layout
- Ability to design and render iconography systems
- Desire and ability to sweat the details
- Ability to see a project through from initial design to support of the engineering effort
- Ability to achieve great results on a tight deadline
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator
Looking for a job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career at the HOW Interactive Design Conference (San Francisco, October 29–31), including scoop on salary trends, new technologies and skills you need.