Looking for a web design job with a growing Bay Area startup? Uber.com, the online service that lets users schedule a private car and driver, is looking for a senior user experience architect to join its growing team in San Francisco (and is promising nice travel perks). Click through to learn more and apply:
The ideal UXA candidate will be an experienced practitioner who is willing to take creative risks, experiment with ideas and approaches, and do whatever it takes to do the best work possible.
- Design the information architecture and interaction models for projects. This may include websites, mobile experiences, analytics, or other touch points.
- Work in close collaboration with internal teams to develop initial strategy—addressing product, brand, marketing, content, and overall user experience.
- Manage user research efforts including designing a research plan, writing screeners, overseeing recruiting, conducting research (i.e. contextual interviews and usability testing).
- Create internal and external deliverables including conceptual diagrams, sitemaps, interaction flows, storyboards, page/screen schematics/wireframes, content inventories, media-appropriate copy, and detailed functional specifications.
- And more …
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience in UX.
- Experience designing and conducting user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing.
- Superb writing and presentation skills.
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your approach to projects, quality thought, storytelling, and an ability to bring your ideas to life.
- Excellent deliverables including prototypes, detailed page schematics, sketches, interaction flows, site maps, navigation systems, and web-appropriate writing.
- And more …
Looking for an interactive design job? Check back every day for a new job lead, and peruse HOW magazine’s design job database.
You can get the expert info you need to grow your web design career through HOW’s series of online design tutorials taught by some of the sharpest experts in interaction, design, usability, coding and web analytics.